Re: Balsa Encrypts messages with GnuPG!

With all respect,

I don't think balsa will be free of mutt for some time.  People have wanted
PGP support in balsa for *ages*.  Others have repeatedly shot down the
idea of using lubmutt's PGP with this argument, but /nobody/ has time to do
it this way and libmutt seems to still very much a part of balsa.  Now that
someone is 90% done with the obvious approach, I see no reason to stop
him.

Plus, mutt is time-tested and I see no reason to think a from scratch
implementation will work better.  More flexible for developers; maybe.
Better integrated with gnome PGP; obviously.  Ready in 3 months or
less; not likely.

Anyway, as for the libbalsa approach:

It seems to support both encrypt-it-all and encrypt-each-attachment
(PGP/MIME).  PGP/MIME is obviously preferred, but decrypting both
styles might be good, if it is easy to handle both.

Regards,
-Oly

P.S. Alan's signature verified in kmail (I'm so ashamed!)