Re: dnd of message changes mailbox

I don't want to start a troll but :
with Debian the libs dependencies are automatically solved by apt-get.
If you want a new software that depends on new library, it will figure out
and download and install this library. If an already installed library need
to be updated, apt-get will check that all programs already using this
library are updated if required.

And if you compile yourself code from cvs you can still use the debian
tools to generate custom package and then apt-get /dpkg will take care of
it too.

I believe that it's impossible to do this with a 'from scratch' system. You
need at least to manually keep current a list of dependencies. So if you
update a library, you recompiled all programs that use it. This is what
Packaging systems are for and the debian one is a must.

But I understand that Melanie only use some custom software that are build
against uptodate libraries and that the rest is installed from packages.

Christophe