Re: 2 borkage detected

Hi,

here's what I have figured out about message deletion so far:

A message is deleted from a mailbox by calling libbalsa_message(s)_delete.

That fires the "set-deleted" signal, which is in turn handled by
LibBalsaMailbox. There, the "message-deleted" signal is fired, which is
caught by BalsaIndex and winds up in balsa_index_del. That will delete the
message from the index.
This mechanism will prevent any attempts to keep deleted messages displayed.
The only way to ever see the trashcan icon ist when another app using
libmutt sets the libmutt D flag on a message and then doesn't remove the
message from a maildir or mbox-type mailbox. It may also happen with MH, but
I haven't tested that. It can never happen with IMAP as it's currently
implemented because there is no local storage that could be out of sync with
the server.
I would suggest that we keep those 2 lines for the unlikely case that
someone uses mutt and Balsa and mutt happens to set the flag, but not purge
the mailbox. That way, this condition will be displayed properly.
I further suggest that we do not try to implement that "keep
header-shadow"-feature in Balsa. It would be a major rewrite in much of
BalsaIndex to even make that possible, and a change in libbalsa may be
required as well. I think it's not worth the hassle.

I will now look into why undelete doesn't work and try to fix that.

Melanie