Re: [foss.in] Input needed: FOSS.IN/2009 Dates

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
> Thinking about it, I think it's probably more important to be close to
> FOSS.IN than to be a good week. What do others think?
>
> For US folks, all of November except Thanksgiving week (11/26) is good.
>
> Emily, do we have breakdowns on attendee nationality for GNOME.Asia 2008? I
> don't think Americans were a huge portion of the audience ...

One of my concerns is that most educational institutions in India have
their exams during early December/late November. If we are planning on
targeting students from engineering colleges, etc early December/late
November seems to be a bad choice.
On the other hand, being close to FOSS.in is also important, since it
would make things easier for people to plan and arrange their travel.

I guess it all boils down to who we are planning on targeting for GNOME Asia. :)

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta