Re: [foss.in] Input needed: FOSS.IN/2009 Dates

Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ) wrote:
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Stormy Peters <stormy peters gmail com> wrote:

If we are planning to have GNOME.Asia around FOSS.IN, we might want to weigh
in.

Is there a specific time around the dates proposed by FOSS.IN that
looks nice ? Especially for potential speakers from the US ?

Realistically,  the later in December you make it, the harder it is  because of vacation  time  and travel plans for Christmas.

I'd like to take that feedback to the potential hosts. The downside of
tagging too closely with FOSS.IN dates is that the hosts, if
universities, may have their examinations on.

Building on prior experience both in guadec and GNOME.Asia conflicting with exams  is a logistical nightmare.  What is a common date range for
the fall exam period there? Last year in Beijing we ended up shifting the dates of the  conference  -way- too close to conference time because of
venue scheduling conflicts.

~sankarshan