Re: [foss.in] Input needed: FOSS.IN/2009 Dates

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Will LaShell <will lashell net> wrote:

> Realistically,  the later in December you make it, the harder it is  because
> of vacation  time  and travel plans for Christmas.

And yet, the period between Sept and Oct, though nice would make the
gap between FOSS.IN and GNOME.Asia much longer than anticipated.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are traditionally bad times for US
speakers, how about speakers from Europe ? I don't really have insight
into that.

> Building on prior experience both in guadec and GNOME.Asia conflicting with
> exams  is a logistical nightmare.  What is a common date range for
> the fall exam period there? Last year in Beijing we ended up shifting the
> dates of the  conference  -way- too close to conference time because of
> venue scheduling conflicts.

Ahh herein lies a wonder. The examination season is from Oct-end till
around Dec-first_week. But, for a couple of places (including our
potential hosts), it would be the 'odd' semester and hence actual hard
dates take time to materialize.

So, although students might be free by the second week of Dec, that
may well be the date when FOSS.IN is happening.