Re: [anjuta-devel] Keep path relative to the project directory

Hi Massimo,

Le 04/02/2012 21:00, Massimo Cora' a écrit :
well, shortly, no.
Project names are stored in db to permit the usage of more projects
(read global system packages) with the same .db format.

What would be possibile to do instead is to implement a refactoring call
that would rename the project name.
If the renaming is performed offline (i.e. when Anjuta isn't running)
then the project manager should detect that and offer symbol-db the new
project name.
Would it be possibile?

Yes, it's possible but I think it's more work to do it in the project manager plugin.

In order to detect this, I need to store the project name somewhere like the symbol database. Probably the best solution is in anjuta session file. Then, when the project is loaded I need to compare this value to the current project directory if it's different I know that the project has been renamed and I need to send a warning to the symbol-db plugin. I think I could set a flag somewhere telling that the project has been renamed.

I think it's better to move this code in the symbol-db plugin because the project manager doesn't care if the project has been renamed. It will avoid to store the last project name somewhere else as it's already in the database and to send a warning to another plugin.

But I think the best solution, if you really need it, would be to use a special name in the database like "." meaning the name of the directory where is the database. Now in the comment of symbol_db_engine_open_db, it is said explicitly that the project name is not saved in the database. Perhaps it's only an additional check that is failing. The database itself seems to work when I have renamed the project directory.