Re: [anjuta-devel] Keep path relative to the project directory

On 02/03/2012 09:11 PM, Sébastien Granjoux wrote:
Hi Massimo,

Le 02/02/2012 23:18, Massimo Cora' a écrit :
In the db I store the name of the project as given by
ianjuta_project_get_root ().
If you change the directory the project-name should remain the same. In
that case it'll find no problems in scanning/updating the files.
Is it normal that a different _root () is returned?

Yes, the returned name is the name of the project directory. In my case,
I haven't really moved the project but renamed it, so indeed this name
has changed.

I think it can be useful to change this name. By example if you copy
your project in another directory as "project-old-version",
"project-new-version" or something like this. Is it possible to avoid
storing this information in the database?

well, shortly, no.
Project names are stored in db to permit the usage of more projects (read global system packages) with the same .db format. What would be possibile to do instead is to implement a refactoring call that would rename the project name. If the renaming is performed offline (i.e. when Anjuta isn't running) then the project manager should detect that and offer symbol-db the new project name.
Would it be possibile?

Regards,
Massimo