Re: [xslt] Thread Safety Changes

Peter Jones wrote:
> Hey, remember back when Peter Jones said:
>
>>>  xsltMessage is specific, I don't think the error should go in the
>>>contextual pool. This is really a message intended to go out.
>>
>>I can see your point, but what if I were writing a GUI XSLT editor that
>>allowed you to apply the stylesheet from the GUI as a "demo" mode. You
>>may want to open a dialog box to display the output of <xsl:message>.
>

> Now that I think about it a little more, it would be even better to have
> a separate function pointer in the Stylesheet struct just for
> xsl:message.
>
> If you wanted to do XSLT in a web server, you may want warnings and
> errors to go to one log file, but messages to another. Same goes with
> the GUI idea, you would want a xsl:message window, but don't want other
> errors going there too.

This is something I've been meaning to bring up, in relation
to my Tcl binding to libxslt (TclXSLT).  In the general case, a script
developer may definitely want to separate messages from
errors.  At the moment they all go through the error callback.

So, I'll vote for making this change and would be willing
to develop a patch if noone else will do it.

Cheers,
Steve Ball

--
Steve Ball            |   XSLT Standard Library   | Training & Seminars
Zveno Pty Ltd         |     Web Tcl Complete      |   XML XSL Schemas