[xslt] Thread Safety Changes
- From: Peter Jones <mlists pmade org>
- To: xslt gnome org
- Subject: [xslt] Thread Safety Changes
- Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:23:38 -0800
Hey listers. I saw that there were some talks about thread safety and
libxslt a while back. There is even a bug open (102365). I would like to
volunteer to make a few small changes that I think will give libxslt a
push toward thread safety.
1. xsltInit() in xslt.c should be public, not static.
2. _xsltStylesheet should have a xmlGenericErrorFunc member so that when
any function calls xsltTransformError with a NULL context, but valid
xsltStylesheetPtr, it can use that instead of xsltGenericError.
3. xsltParseStylesheetProcess may need to be slightly changed so that
client code can call it with a custom xsltStylesheetPtr (one with an
error handler set). Right now we call xsltParseStylesheetDoc, which does
not give us control over the xsltStylesheetPtr. It does not appear that
a call to xsltParseStylesheetProcess is directly supported because
xsltParseStylesheetDoc makes calls to xsltGatherNamespaces (which is
static) and xsltResolveStylesheetAttributeSet.
Any comments? Are there other known issues that I am missing here?
Peter Jones <unix;c++;crypto;xml;vi;4wd;geek> [ http://pmade.org ]
PGP Fingerprint: 27AD 7922 D3BC 46A3 3627 D7B4 4240 46C3 A41E 844A
] [Thread Prev