Re: 'Re: [xml] "Next XML schema implementation steps (poll)"'

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 11:04:24AM +0200, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
Hi,

on 8/18/2004 6:50 PM Bryan Berkowitz wrote:
 > Kasimier Buchcik wrote:

Could we add these features to the list of things to do? I would find
them very useful, in fact I might be able to help out with the
implementation.

That would be great! :-)
For parsing those elements I recommend looking at
"xmlSchemaParseSimpleType" in xmlschemas.c; there you'll find an example
  of how to use the new error functions, and of validation of attributes
and their values.

The main issues I see here:
1. how to restrict the XPath expressions as imposed by the spec
2. just keep in mind that the XPath execution should be able to work on
a stream someday (as mentioned by Daniel)

  I noticed that I missed that point. The code for this is the pattern
engine (include/libxml/pattern.h & pattern.c), but it's too limited right
now (namespaces are not implemented for example), and a push/pop API would
be needed for real streaming.

  Among the features missing of the schemas implementation, there is the
need of a streaming interface, right now we validate only trees, I believe
the current implementation should be able to work after some refactoring
based on a SAX2 stream, but it's not a piece of cake.

Daniel