Re: [xml] xmlIO extensions

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 05:46:23PM +0100, Christian Engwer wrote:
Hi,

I have adopted the naming scheme from jakarta...

<quote>
URI Format
zip://zip-file-uri[!absolute-path]
jar://zip-file-uri[!absolute-path]
Where zip-file-uri refers to a file of any supported type, including
other zip files. Note that any ! characters in zip-file-uri must be
escaped using %21.
</quote>

There are two difference:

1) I only support local paths and file uris for zip-file-uri.
2) I search for the last "!/" sequence to split zip-path and
   internal-file-path, I don't need to escape "!" to %21. I am not
   shure whether this has any down sides, but ... works for me ...

The new version can be found on the homepage
http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/~christi/xmlzipio/

I want to make again some valgrind tests, but I would be surprised to
find new bugs, because these were really small changes... but who
knows ;-)

  Sounds cool, if the code is small it could be integrated. I have one
question though:
   what happen if one use zip://zip-file-uri without !absolute-path.
I would expect some kind of autogenerated XML indicating the content of the
archive but I don't know what the jakarta code does by default, if they
do something like that it might be nice to have the same behaviour.
For an OpenOffice file or a Jar I would expect the manifest to be parsed.

Daniel