Re: [xml] built libxml and libxslt, possible bugs

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 10:23:54AM +0100, Tobias Reif wrote:
On Tue 2003-11-11 Daniel Veillard wrote:
If you had reused what others had debugged, i.e. reused libxml2 and
libxslt packages coming from your distribution,
or recompiled on your box based on the source RPM for the latest
version you would not have this problem.i

I didn't want to confuse my package manager, I thought (based on
experience) that installing locally (under my home dir) from source
would be the strategy representing the least risk for dependency
conflicts, since I might want to run several versions of xmllint and
xsltproc, and many other tools depend on libxml.

 Okay, I see. Then the problems are mostly bootstrapping your environment.
This should work fine in practice.

I simply wanted to install the latest xmllint and xsltproc with the
least hassle, and the only problem I had was that I hadn't installed
zlib-devel before that. The rest was general feedback, I thought that
some of the data might be SuSE 9.0 specific for example.

  I think Karl Eichwalder from SuSE/Novell is subscribed so he should
be able to react if needed :-)

I wasn't aware of the fact that you referred to choosing RPMs over the

  right I didn't really explained, my fault.

I used words too strong, sorry. But based on previous private
dicsussion I know that you're aware of the fact that sometimes you
react a bit "rough".

  Right :-)

I will try to improve.

Me too :)

  Excellent, now let's improve the code too :-)


Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network
veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit | Rpmfind RPM search engine

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]