Re: [xml] built libxml and libxslt, possible bugs

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 06:28:39PM +0100, Tobias Reif wrote:
On Tue 2003-11-11 Daniel Veillard wrote:
Zlib should be installed, and autodetected by libxml2 configure.

I see. How can I find out if it was autodetected?
(Another tool did not compile because there seem to be two versions on
my machine, see [libz].) Is zlib == libz?

  yes

libxml2-2.6.2/config.log:
(again, I can send you any of the generated files if it helps)

configure:8347: checking zlib.h usability
configure:8360: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
configure:8406:18: zlib.h: No such file or directory
configure:8363: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #line 8349 "configure"
| /* confdefs.h.  */
[...]
| #include <zlib.h>
configure:8379: result: no
configure:8383: checking zlib.h presence
configure:8394: gcc -E  conftest.c
configure:8408:18: zlib.h: No such file or directory
configure:8400: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #line 8385 "configure"
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
[...]
| #include <zlib.h>
configure:8419: result: no
configure:8455: checking for zlib.h
configure:8462: result: no
[...]
ac_cv_header_zlib_h=no

Does this mean configure didn't find zlib?

  Yes, check with your SuSE support why this doesn't work, that's
not normal. Maybe you're missing the zlib development package.

  Well you don't have the DocBook DTDs in the catalogs.

I see, I thought the DTD should have been supplied with the package.

  No. that's an another set of packages, it should.

I recently switched to Linux and I'm still in the process of setting
up my environment. The /etc/xml/catalog that came with SuSE
9.0 Professional is an empty skeleton, I don't know why.

  Well probably because you didn't install the associated packages.
again check with your SuSE support.

## Threaded regression tests
## generating dba100000.xml
/bin/sh: line 1: dbgenattr.pl: command not found
make: *** [dba100000.xml] Error 127

  Seems perl is not where the dbgenattr.pl expects
    #!/usr/bin/perl

Perhaps
#!/usr/bin/env perl
would help with some issues of this type?

  I doubt it. The command is there, the #! marker is there. dbgenattr.pl
should be executable, that's not normal.

Daniel