Re: Proposing _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN_EXCLUSIVE

On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 10:58:33 -0400 "Ryan C. Gordon" <icculus icculus org> said:

> > really - your current use case is that?
>
> It's a historical accident of compatibility with other OSes. We'll
> probably refactor this in SDL once this spec is finalized.

oh... really? how.. interesting. in x11 it shouldn't need this and thus end up
with fewer "artifacts". :) oddly something x11 is better at. :)

> We'll definitely want to be able to toggle fullscreen/windowed with
> mapped windows, though. I suppose the spec should note that condition
> (if the fullscreen hint is removed, go back to original resolution).

indeed. it should work as an initial property on map as well as "while already
mapped".

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster rasterman com