Re: Proposing _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN_EXCLUSIVE

> this is good. my only concerns are more related to this not handling multiple
> screens. what will you do when you want a game to span 2 or 3 screens with
> multiple viewports (eg side monitors with different view angles to provide
> wider field of view) etc.? i'd vote for multiple windows in this case but then
> some hint telling the wm which window is master, slave and where they should be
> placed relative to eachtoher.

This is worth solving, but I'm not sure it's worth solving with this particular spec.

The current text just expects the window to stay on the screen it's currently associated with, but perhaps that's naive?

In any case, coordinating multiple windows, or trying to span one across multiple monitors, seems like it's going to bring a lot of grief, and should probably get a lot of care and attention from a different spec concerned with only that feature.

--ryan.