Re: Proposing _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN_EXCLUSIVE

> Everyone has given really good feedback over the past few days, and I'm grateful for it; I'm going to reply to a couple of these emails and try to do another revision of the proposal tonight. I think we're on the right track after a few adjustments are made.

Turns out editing a spec takes a lot of time.  :)

The current work is sitting in a Mercurial repository, if you want to look at this change-by-change (but I'll summarize the changes here when I post the updated version).

    http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/wm-fullscreen-spec/shortlog

...and the latest version, at any time, is here:

    http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/wm-fullscreen-spec/raw-file/tip/spec.txt

The remaining TODOs, before I post another version, are figuring out how to specify a monitor to go fullscreen on (for Raster's multi-screen coordination scenario), and making sure I didn't have a massive failure to understand X11 (which is totally possible, especially with the root window properties).

--ryan.