Re: Pager/switcher per workspace or per screen

Hi,

I will still ask the same question as Mark did, how alt-tab behaviour is
related to the pager? At the end, isn't pager supposed to be something
like alt-tab on steroids?

Showing all windows at alt-tab window, for me, looks like an option for wm,
not something that should everyone use. An option, just like setting
titlebar instead at the top of window, to it's bottom.

AFAIK, alt-tab behaviour isn't even defined in EWMH (correct me if I'm
wrong), so if things are going in this direction, let define it first.
Of course, some of today wm's does not implement it at all, relaying on
pager, and this could be major argument against alt-tab implementation.

> You don't think EWMH is also for allowing parts of a desktop
> environment to communicate interchangeably?

IMHO EWMH is supposed to allow _basic_ unified communication either
between standalone wm and foreign apps or desktop itself. On other
hand, the same EWMH is too weak for full desktop needs, because those
needs are vary between desktops.

Best,
--
Sanel