Re: Pager/switcher per workspace or per screen

On Wednesday 08 of August 2007, Sanel Zukan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I will still ask the same question as Mark did, how alt-tab behaviour is
> related to the pager? At the end, isn't pager supposed to be something
> like alt-tab on steroids?
>
> Showing all windows at alt-tab window, for me, looks like an option for wm,
> not something that should everyone use. An option, just like setting
> titlebar instead at the top of window, to it's bottom.

 I'd agree here, I don't think such option belongs to the spec. I, for
example, use Alt+Tab constrained to the current desktop, but the taskbar
lists all windows. Or, also, if there would be one shortcut for showing only
current desktop and another for showing all windows, what should this option
be set to?

> AFAIK, alt-tab behaviour isn't even defined in EWMH (correct me if I'm
> wrong), so if things are going in this direction, let define it first.
> Of course, some of today wm's does not implement it at all, relaying on
> pager, and this could be major argument against alt-tab implementation.

KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz