Re: ICCCM breakage, IconicState, and desktops

Olivier Chapuis <olivier chapuis free fr> writes:
> I do not understand this solution. There is a really simple solution
> (_NET_WM_MINIMIZED) to be consistent with the ICCCM. So, why
> the wm-spec take the decision to violate it?

Well, that is my opinion also, but Sasha and Raster strongly
disagreed, so we went with the ICCCM modification. The most important
thing is that we do document what we've decided; if window managers
don't agree on this point then pagers can't work correctly.
> BTW where is the wm-spec CVS (:pserver:anonymous ???/??? I imagine the
> module name is wm-spec).

There's no anon cvs, only with-a-login CVS. Normally the spec is up on, but the site seems broken right now; I
mailed the admins and asked them to check on it. I can mail you the
current CVS version in private mail, it doesn't change often.