Re: Addition for pager layout.
- From: John Harper <jsh unfactored org>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Waldo Bastian <bastian kde org>, wm-spec-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Addition for pager layout.
- Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 18:04:02 -0800
Havoc Pennington writes:
|> In GNOME isn't this handled by the _GSM_Priority extension? IIRC
|> (though it's a while since I looked at this) apps aren't allowed to
|> connect to the session manager until they're ready to handle requests
|> from clients with lower priorities..?
|We do have the priorities thing, but I don't think it's specified in
|any detail like that. AFAIK the spec is just a couple sentences here:
I found where I got this info from, it's in
"2) The app must delay connection to the session manager until it has
performed whatever initialisation steps might be necessary to allow
apps in later priority levels to start up correctly."
] [Thread Prev