Re: ICCCM breakage, IconicState, and desktops

Sasha Vasko <sasha aftercode net> writes:
> One ought to use virtual roots when implementing virtual desktops.

There are advantages to doing them via unmaps instead, IMO. So the WM
spec definitely should not prohibit that approach.

However we need to make explicit that the current spec allows this
ICCCM violation, and that we have equated IconicState with "minimized"
instead of "unmapped" and broken the invariants given in the ICCCM. I
think we decided to make that explicit last time the topic came up,
but I never put the patch into the document.