Re: [Vala] Just a news I've read about popularity langage

I think Vala needs a bit of "marketing" (quotes intentional).

It has to become known in the developers community as a good fit to resolve
problems within certain domain. I personally find it extremely useful for
doing multimedia stuff thanks to GStreamer. There are probably several
other "classic" areas in which Vala is superior to other solutions.

That should be clearly advertised on the proper website of Vala (now
there's only live.gnome.org/Vala which I don't think is encouraging in any
way, despite having a good content).

Look at another growing language: http://elixir-lang.org/ The first
sentence is

Elixir is a dynamic, functional language designed *for building scalable
and maintainable applications*.

They clearly define their "market".

m.