Re: [Vala] Just a news I've read about popularity langage

On Thu, 2016-07-21 at 21:10 +0200, Dr. Michael Lauer wrote:
The feeling that I have is that these days Vala is not going
anywhere. Yes, there are people working on it, but it looks like the
big "momentum" is gone – I guess the same goes for many of the g
-projects which Vala is also very close associated with.

That is my greatest fear in picking up Vala.  I had a fair amount of
Mono/Gtk# code in MonoDevelop - and it was great.. then to be abandoned
by 'the community';  basically down to trying to reassemble the thing
between the changes in Gtk and MonoDevelop [I gave up].

Python isn't great with working with Gtk, and the run-time is tedious,
but - one can count on it being maintained for the foreseeable future.

The GNOME community [and I love GNOME, and have been using it 24/7
since the 1.x days] does have a problem of too many visionaries;  the
grass-is-always-greener....  But what I want is great applications and
a stable platform.  I do have reservations about the future.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383