Re: [Vala] Genie, subclassing and some help!

Aha, fully understand the problem now at least. Do you have one of these
"appIndicator" dock things in your panel?  The following document [1] seems
to say that they might re-design/ change some things in how the docks work.

I'm running LXDE, (no fancy AppIndicator dock I dont think...).

What I suggest is that your compile using valac --save-temps  (provides C
output files),
check that against the documentation of LibAppIndicator.

I have no experience with LibAppIndicator and hence can't really help you
much there.

If it turns out that it should work, please send me sources and I can try it
on my LXDE.
-Harry

PS: There was/is quite some controversy about libappindicator, see [2]. I'm
not sure
if this helps dev-s to write documentation & test cases... I havent found
any. Getting in
touch with the authors or LibAppIndicator might be a good idea.. ? Up to
you.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/ApplicationIndicators
[2] http://www.advogato.org/person/mbanck/diary.html?start=49

Sure, the window popus (which is correct), however the application
indicator does not appear.