Re: [Vala] Genie, subclassing and some help!

Hi,

2010/6/25, Andrew <rugby471 gmail com>:
Thankyou very much :-) That seemed to work and hopefully I shall try
 less ambitious things next time :-)

 However now I get this error, is this a bug in the library (this is
 without invoking a new instance of the subclass, just compiling the
 definition of the subclass)?

 /home/andrew/Software/Projects/wasiliana/src/indicator.vala.c: In
 function ‘wapp_indicator_category_from_enum’:
 /home/andrew/Software/Projects/wasiliana/src/indicator.vala.c:82: error:
 ‘APP_INDICATOR_TYPE_CATEGORY’ undeclared (first use in this function)
[...]
 /home/andrew/Software/Projects/wasiliana/src/indicator.vala.c: In
 function ‘wapp_indicator_get_type’:
 /home/andrew/Software/Projects/wasiliana/src/indicator.vala.c:160:
 error: ‘APP_INDICATOR_TYPE_INDICATOR’ undeclared (first use in this
 function)

I've told you this library is weird. Looking at the sources, these are
APP_INDICATOR_TYPE_INDICATOR_CATEGORY and APP_INDICATOR_TYPE
respectively. So the bindings need to be fixed: you need to add
type_id="..." (replacing the ... with the above types) to the CCode
attribute of the enum/class.

HTH,
Abderrahim