Re: [Vala] Hi, Is Vala what I am looking for?

On 09/21/2009 10:52 PM, "Andrés G. Aragoneses" wrote:
[...]
Of course, what I'm talking about is about adding one more user choice,
not "removal of Mono" like the subject of the original thread is named
(especially if you consider that I work for Novell on some Mono class
libraries ;) ). At last, what you could say is "removal of Mono runtime"
if we want to refer to this topic.

Regards,

        Andres

You can't compile C# code with what Vala uses. It just wouldn't work. Ever. C# code is *designed* to work under GC and by replacing Mono with something different you achieve nothing. I can't believe people still bring up such topics.