Re: [Vala] Hi, Is Vala what I am looking for?

Thanks for all the insights Mike. Just one last question:

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 08:54 -0400, Levi Bard wrote:
It almost sounds to me like you want a C# compiler that targets real
CPUs instead of targeting the CLI?  You won't find that in Vala.
Fortunately, mono already has this feature: http://www.mono-project.com/AOT

Kinda-sorta.  AOT-compiled binaries cannot be treated the same as a
binary generated from the C compiler, they are linked to the machine
they were AOT'd on (for various reasons).

What I was saying would be something like a C# front-end for GCC that
would generate a native ELF or PE executable (e.g., no bytecode or any
of that, just C#->Assembler translation like what C and C++ go through).

That's it. If Vala had this "C#-compat-mode ON/OFF" implemented, we
could compile Mono class libraries to C without a GC. Of course it would
require leak-cleaning of the types of leaks already mentioned (type b),
but imagine being able to launch Banshee without using the Mono runtime,
but using Vala's infrastructure instead?
Would patches to create this "C#-compat" mode be accepted in Vala?

Thanks,

        Andres