Re: [Vala] Hi, Is Vala what I am looking for?

On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 08:54 -0400, Levi Bard wrote:
It almost sounds to me like you want a C# compiler that targets real
CPUs instead of targeting the CLI?  You won't find that in Vala.

Fortunately, mono already has this feature: http://www.mono-project.com/AOT

Kinda-sorta.  AOT-compiled binaries cannot be treated the same as a
binary generated from the C compiler, they are linked to the machine
they were AOT'd on (for various reasons).

What I was saying would be something like a C# front-end for GCC that
would generate a native ELF or PE executable (e.g., no bytecode or any
of that, just C#->Assembler translation like what C and C++ go through).

        --- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo