Re: [Usability] GtkNotebook scrolling

Op vrijdag 12-03-2010 om 13:31 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef Calum
Benson:
> > For me, it is a *huge* usability feature to be able to scroll through
> > notebook tabs. I use this all the time when using Firefox, Nautilus,
> > gedit and other applications with lots of documents opened in tabs. I
> > love it.
>
> So as the only person who's really claimed to use this feature so far:
> why do you use it?  What is your use case for scrolling through tabs?
> In most cases, people can see which tab they need to visit, so it is
> much quicker for them to click that tab directly.

I use the scroll wheel to flip through tabs pretty often as well.

For me, one of the advantages is that I don't have to stretch my wrist
as much when I only have to move the mouse pointer vertically somewhere
inside the tab row and use the scroll wheel, as opposed to moving it to
a specific tab.

On a more abstract level, in a way I can't really explain it feels
natural to me to be able to "rifle" through tabs as I would do with
pages in a book. I can keep my eyes focused on the content while
flipping through open tabs.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen