Re: [Usability] GtkNotebook scrolling

On 12 Mar 2010, at 12:28, Jean-Peer Lorenz wrote:

> I want to point to the very interesting link that was posted by Andreas
> Nilsson in gtk-devel list:
> http://mpt.net.nz/archive/2008/08/11/usability
>
> For me, it is a *huge* usability feature to be able to scroll through
> notebook tabs. I use this all the time when using Firefox, Nautilus,
> gedit and other applications with lots of documents opened in tabs. I
> love it.

So as the only person who's really claimed to use this feature so far: why do you use it?  What is your use case for scrolling through tabs?  In most cases, people can see which tab they need to visit, so it is much quicker for them to click that tab directly.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team