Re: [Usability] GtkNotebook scrolling

Simple answer: in Firefox I can put approx. 10 tabs on the screen. When
opening more tabs, I cannot see all of them and use the scrolling. At
the moment I have more than 30 tabs open, they increase in number very
quick by following links etc. And I am not willing to close them because
there is no reason for me. I admit that I even use this as a kind of
history since I mostly use suspend/hibernate instead of shutdown and by
doing so I collect tabs over many days or weeks.

To prevent misunderstanding: I don't want to fight pro or against
something here. I just want to show that there are people (me) who use
this feature and really appreciate it (the same holds for any other
usability or feature removal discussion e.g. the menu icon removal
thing).

In order to contribute some value to the discussion I will give more
information about my way of working:

I use Browsers in a way described above and I'd really miss the
scrolling feature in Firefox. However, I recently recognized that the
current tab does not change when scrolling and I use the scrolling only
for looking through my open tabs, actually. Compared to the direct
change of the current notebook page in e.g. gedit such behavior is more
'eye-friendly'.

In gedit I use the scrolling feature sometimes, especially when lots of
document windows are opened. If a tree view (in a sidepane) is available
I often use the this tree view for changing the current document though.

In cases of preferences tabs I use the scrolling almost never and it has
no importance for me. In such cases proper keyboard navigation through
the tabs is more important, IMO.

HTH,
Jean-Peer

PS: is the tab scrolling feature in Firefox provided by/based on GTK?