Re: [Usability] Cheap Open Source Morae Alternative

> Another thing that we have to think of would be the features. Morae can
> be used for FGDs and mobile devices. It has presets for those. What do
> we want our usability testing suite to do?

One possibility to consider is using the tool as part of a live CD or
usb stick. Such a live environment would contain a 'clean' (ie. not
tainted by the hands of distros ;) ) GNOME build as well as the desktop
recording tool.

A live environment such as this could be used by people running tests -
so someone could go round to a friend's house, pop the CD into their
machine and run through some tests with them. Alternatively (and perhaps
more unrealistically/ambitiously), a live testing environment like this
could be fully automated. A tester would receive the testing environment
in physical form or they could download it.

Just a thought...

It's great to see progress being made on this project, by the way. Keep
up the good work! :)

Allan (Day, not Caeg)

--
GoogleTalk: allanpday gmail com