Re: [Usability] Dialogs and Maximize button

If the dialog isn't resizable (and isn't movable I assume) it hides
the document/window that's below it.

The dialog should not cover the  whole document just the top, but that doesn't prevent people from making those that do.

The dialog probably shouldn't prevent the user from scrolling. through the document.
I think being able to detach the dialog at this point would be useful.

I bet you have seen a dialog like this in gedit. There's no disruption, you can even go on working like you didn't notice it.

I don't see why it's bad if it's from the application itself.

It forces you to halt what you were doing and attend to it.
Note: It doesn't kindly ask but forcefully asks you leave what you are doing.

--

Happy day

Brian