Re: [Usability] Dialogs and Maximize button

On 9/21/06, brian muhumuza <brian muhumuza gmail com> wrote:

> On 9/21/06, brian muhumuza <brian muhumuza gmail com > wrote:
> > There are many types of dialogs and depending on which, resizability may
be
> > good or bad.
> >
> > I'm suggesting a new way of showing dialogs that solves these problems
and
> > another one of rude interuption.
> > I suggest that all dialogs are drawn within the app's window be it a
> > progress dialog or an infor dialog or a configuration dialog, etc.
>
> How does this affect/solve the resizability issue?

You don't have to bother with resizing the dialog because the only
resizablel "thing" is the app's window.

In that case you can't see any part of the document while the dialog
is up. I'm not sure that's an improvement.

> What's the difference between showing at the center and showing at the
> top in this aspect?

showing at the center is "in your face" and I for one doesn't like that. It
is worse if the dialog is for some other app at the back.

Ah, but focus stealing is something else IMO and can be solved differently.