Re: [Usability] Dialogs and Maximize button

On 9/21/06, brian muhumuza <brian muhumuza gmail com > wrote:
> There are many types of dialogs and depending on which, resizability may be
> good or bad.
>
> I'm suggesting a new way of showing dialogs that solves these problems and
> another one of rude interuption.
> I suggest that all dialogs are drawn within the app's window be it a
> progress dialog or an infor dialog or a configuration dialog, etc.

How does this affect/solve the resizability issue?

You don't have to bother with resizing the dialog because the only resizablel "thing" is the app's window.

> A dialog would just slide from below the tool bar and when you are done, it
> slides back.
>
> Some notable advantages are:
>
>  - Dialogs don't just pop up in your face.

What's the difference between showing at the center and showing at the
top in this aspect?

showing at the center is "in your face" and I for one doesn't like that. It is worse if the dialog is for some other app at the back.

--

Happy day

Brian