Re: [Usability] Can't Handle it anymore! (Consistent toolbars?)

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 11:38 +0200, David Christian Berg wrote:
> About the Menu: I'd go the way of adding a handle (also for dragging it
> out of the window) but have it a separate checkbox in the
> menu&toolbar-properties.

I can't see the point of having detachable menu bars.  I remember when
MS Office 97 introduced them, and I don't think anyone has yet to come
up with a good reason.

Toolbars are detachable as you may want to move a collection of tools
close to where you are working (think a palette of drawing tools).
Toolbars are designed for quick-access to commonly used functions so
this is a good idea.  Menu bars contain all possible commands and
ideally stay in the same position.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./