Re: [Usability] Can't Handle it anymore! (Consistent toolbars?)

> A better solution would be to get rid of the handles, and make the
> entire toolbar draggable when the Alt key was held down. That would make
> rearrangement similarly difficult to do accidentally, but would also
> make it easier to do when you really did want to do it, because the
> target area would be the entire toolbar instead of a tiny handle. (As an
> added bonus, it would reduce the average mouse movement required when
> rearranging; calculating why is left as an exercise for the reader.)

To me this sounds reasonable but it's basically undiscoverable.

About the Menu: I'd go the way of adding a handle (also for dragging it
out of the window) but have it a separate checkbox in the
menu&toolbar-properties.
When the handles are turned off, Alt drag could still do the job.

David