Re: [Usability]Keeping the Quit menu item

Joshua Adam Ginsberg wrote:

What if we were instead to support the GIMP-esque model for
applications, meaning a separate menu/toolbar window and then a window
for every document? Granted this could get very sloppy in terms of
screen real-estate and determining how to focus and raise various
windows based... but would this be an appropriate approximation?

-jag

If we really wanted to move to an application interaction model (though I favor a document model personally), I think we'd be better just implementing a global menubar and app menu (ala os9). Of course I'm hearing all the traditional unix users screaming about how we no longer have sloppy focus now....

dave