Re: [Usability]Keeping the Quit menu item

On 19Mar2003 04:41PM (-0500), Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Basically, if you can't explain the Quit menu item without invoking
> the idea of a process, then you can't explain the Quit menu item at
> all, because processes are not in the user model.

I don't think most Mac users understand the concept of a "process",
but they understand Quit just fine. Perhaps because they understand
the concept of "running application", a much simpler concept which is
visible in the Aqua UI through the dock.

Regards,

Maciej