Re: [Usability]Keeping the Quit menu item

Wait, wait, wait... have I been living in a cave? We're *abandoning* the
idea of having Quit in the menu?!

I've read MPT's article before. I like most of his points. Crufty
interfaces abide. But I don't exactly see how quit falls into that
category. What happens when you close all windows of Galeon? Does it
"quit"? Does it stay persistent in memory? Are we moving to a "Close All
Windows" scheme?  What if you're in the GIMP? Does "Close All Windows"
close the toolbox?

I read the thread posted in Jeffrey's bug. I still am not really clear
why we're doing this. It seems to break a lot of user expectations.

-jag

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 12:21, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> Also see http://mpt.phrasewise.com/stories/storyReader$374 for a fairly
> good reason why quit (among other interface cruft) is useless (and
> fairly destructive) to the majority of users who don't care about
> clearing HTTP Authorization passwords and discarding non-persistent
> session cookies.
>
> Dave
>
> P.S. I must admit, I'm somewhat surprised that the galeon devs removed
> quit :)

Joshua Adam Ginsberg	       Cellphone: 970.749.8530
Rice University '02	       Email: joshg myrealbox com
St. Mark's School of Texas '98
safety." - Benjamin Franklin