Re: [Usability]Keeping the Quit menu item

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
I don't think most Mac users understand the concept of a "process",
but they understand Quit just fine. Perhaps because they understand
the concept of "running application", a much simpler concept which is
visible in the Aqua UI through the dock.

Not only that. Traditionally each application has it's own top level
menu on the Mac. This menu bar stays even though all windows are
closed. So in Mac OS X they have at least two ways of showing a
running application.

In classic Mac OS there was only the menu bar change, which sometimes
was very subtle. I remember it causing me much frustration no being
able to free memory from applications although I had closed all their
windows... It wasn't so obvious the first time...

/Per

----
Per Cederberg
http://www.percederberg.net/