Re: [Usability]Attempt at constructive criticism - "Why Gnome 2 sucks for me"

This is getting pretty unacceptable.  I've been reading this thread,
hoping that both sides will just realize that there is a difference of
opinion, but everyone is trying to improve GNOME in the way that they
can.  I think Havoc et al have been very reasonable in this discussion,
but you insist on implying that they are somehow corporate whores,
taking money to intentionally destroy GNOME or something.  Which is
beyond silly.  Havoc has been working on GNOME for many years, and has a
whole lot more invested in it than you or I, sheerly in terms of
effort.  His (laudable) goal is to get his and others' work on GNOME out
to as many people as possible.  I personally rather like all of the
changes that have gone into GNOME2, because as a whole, it is a lot more
coherent, and out of my way.  And I initially got into GNOME because it
was more configurable and such.  But really, we are in a tiny tiny
minority of people that actually care what their desktop environment is,
and what the toolkit is, etc.  The "power users" that do can still tweak
things with gconf, which is a very nicely designed configuration
system.  GNOME is still fun for a whole lot of people.  I don't do
development on it, but I still enjoy trying things out and giving people
suggestions, and frankly I am impressed with how responsive developers
are.  But it is their job to cull all of the various opinions, and work
out a coherent vision for how GNOME is going to work.  To claim that
they are out to make millions of dollars off of GNOME by implementing
some evil corporate scheme simply because they are disagreeing with you
is just being offensive.  Courtesy might suggest that you would want to
apologize.  If you want to remain on the constructive side of criticism,
try to avoid claiming that they are profiteers....people might take you
a little more seriously.

	--Ryan