RE: tny-maemo-device

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 23:46 +0300, Dirk-Jan Binnema nokia com wrote:

> Ah, I've put things in SVN. There is the TnyMaemoConicDevice which
> is the old TnyMaemoDevice + conic specifics + some hacks to give
> us network access even within scratchbox.

Noticed.

I wonder whether it would be possible to have a switch at ./configure
time like --with-platform=maemo-conic, --with-platform=maemo,
--with-platform-maemo-ic etc etc ?

> I've made a new TnyMaemoDevice, which is the pre-conic TnyMaemoDevice;
> thus, it should compile again on 770 as well. It does not yet
> add the ic-specifics though.
>
> I'm not adding any layers of inheritance, as there seems nothing that
> is shared by TnyMaemoConicDevice and a future TnyMaemoIcDevice; so it
> seems better to make them straight TnyDevices.

The extra/new API could be shared (which might not be code, but would
simplify it for the app developer), but indeed.

http://www.pvanhoof.be/blog