tny-maemo-device

Hi,

I am looking into the TnyMaemoDevice, which abstracts the network
connection. Currently, TnyMaemoDevice is implemented in terms
of LibConic
(http://maemo.org/platform/docs/api-bora/connectivity/libconic/index.htm
l),
which is available for Bora (N800) and the "Hacker OS".

For older versions, the "Internet Connectivity Library" (LibIC)
(http://maemo.org/platform/docs/howtos/howto_connectivity_guide.html)
must be used.

My proposal is to have two devices for Maemo:
tny-maemo-conic-device.[ch] and
tny-maemo-ic-device.[ch]), and decide at configure time which one to
use.

The second thing is the API itself; TnyDevice should provide a way
to connect to specific connections, and it should be possible to figure
out what connections are available, what connection we are currently
using,
etc.

Some of that might be useful as generic TnyDevice features, and I
propose
to add two calls:
	tny_device_connect    (TnyDevice*, const gchar *id);
	tny_device_disconnect (TnyDevice*, const gchar *id);

By allowing "id" to be NULL (meaning "any"), these calls could actually
replace the "tny_device_force_(on|off)_line" calls. Of course this
assumes that
an id can be represented as a string in all cases.

Regarding the querying of what connections are there, it seems
that this is highly device-specific. Therefore I'd rather implement
those
in the subclasses. For example, even between the two maemo-specific
devices, the API/data types are wildly different, and this will
be visible in the TnyMaemo(IC|Conic)Device as well.

If agreed, I can provide the TnyMaemoConicDevice, and a basic version
of TnyMaemoICDevice.

Best wishes,
Dirk.