Re: Shrinking Vertical Size of Window

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Alan McConnell <alan patriot net> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 07:44:21AM +0200, Andrea Vettorello wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Alan McConnell <alan patriot net> wrote:
>>
>> >              Let me shoot for the following goal:  I'd like to
>> >              place my mouse somewhere _inside_ the window, then
>> >              press on Meta(same as ESC, for sawfish as for Emacs,
>> >              right?) and then, pressing on e.g. Button1, be able
>> >              to drag the window around.  If I can do this, then
>> >              I can get to the bottom of the window by shoving it
>> >              upward.
>> >
>> >              Andrea, and probably many others, can give me the
>> >              exact instructions on how to do this.  And that will
>> >              be my "Hello, World" moment in sawfish configuration!
>> >

>> The function you need to bind is "Move window interactively", the key
>> should be "M-Button1-Click" (without quotes) and you should add it to
>> the window context.
>      I did exactly that.  As proof, see the Attached .png, which
>      seems to be the same as yours, at least as far as the "Move
>      window interactively" goes.
>
>      And I move my cursor to my open iceweasel, click once to raise
>      it.  Then I hold the Esc key, and try to move the iceweasel window
>      by moving the mouse.  Nothing happens.

Sorry, I missed your question above. Nope, "Esc" and "Alt" are
considered different keys (i.e. not like Emacs), unless you configure
Sawfish to behave differently.

Keep in mind that some keymaps can use two Alt keys, the faster way to
check what keycode is passed is to use the "Grab" button.

--
Andrea