Re: Shrinking Vertical Size of Window

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Alan McConnell <alan patriot net> wrote:

[...]

>> So open the sawfish-ui, go to the "Bindings" section, select the
>> "Window" context and click on the "Add" button, select the function
>> you are interested (in this case "Resize window interactively") and
>> associate a key/mouse combination, in my case the bind is
>> "Super-Button1-Click", you can manually insert it or you can use the
>> "Grab" button, it will (try to) translate the next key/mouse
>> combination with the corresponding string.
>              I tried the "Super-Button1-Click" I tried the "Grab";
>              each time the  custom   file mentioned above changed.
>              But I didn't achieve nuttin, as far as I could tell.

IIRC, if the focus mode is different than "click", like "enter-exit"
or "enter-only" the "Grab" function usually doesn't work.

>              Let me shoot for the following goal:  I'd like to
>              place my mouse somewhere _inside_ the window, then
>              press on Meta(same as ESC, for sawfish as for Emacs,
>              right?) and then, pressing on e.g. Button1, be able
>              to drag the window around.  If I can do this, then
>              I can get to the bottom of the window by shoving it
>              upward.
>
>              Andrea, and probably many others, can give me the
>              exact instructions on how to do this.  And that will
>              be my "Hello, World" moment in sawfish configuration!

The function you need to bind is "Move window interactively", the key
should be "M-Button1-Click" (without quotes) and you should add it to
the window context.

--
Andrea