Re: NEWS on 1.6.0, restart+viewports = mess.

Am Sonntag, den 04.10.2009, 18:27 +0200 schrieb Janek Kozicki:
> Christopher Roy Bratusek said:     (by the date of Sun, 04 Oct 2009 17:27:57 +0200)
>
> > Have no fear, WindowManager-Hero-X is here, Kupo!
> >
> > a) You need to use window-history to save atttrs
> > b) The following attrs are saved by default:
> >     ° sticky ignored never-focus type maximized frame-style cycle-skip
> > window-list-skip
> >
> > c) Just make it aware to save the VP attr by adding 'viewport' to the
> > list, as example my value (not-yet-uploaded rev11 of my .sawfishrc):
> >
> > ( define-special-variable window-history-states '( sticky
> > sticky-viewport ignored never-focus type fixed-position dimensions
> >    maximized frame-style cycle-skip window-list-skip viewport
> > workspace ) )
>
> Let me get this clear - are you saying that you have fixed
>
>   http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Proposed_Goals#Restart_and_viewport
>
> in your .sawfishrc ?
>
> You can test by simply creating lots of viewports, like 5x5. Opening
> window on each viewport (eg. an xterm with text indicating on which
> viewport you did open it). Then restarting sawfish multiple times.
>
> When currently I restart sawfish, all the windows are messed up, and
> they don't even go to viewport 0,0. Each of them goes to a random
> viewport. Some even go "outside" - they have coordinates out of all
> viewports range. Total mess :)

... With many windows it's not working, but if there less it does, but
so or so sawfish doesn't save viewport attr, so you'll have to adjust
window-history-states so or so. But the code restoring it is ugly.

Well, I thought that would fix it, as I don't tend to have more than 3
windows open. (I open an app to do something, and immediately close it
after I've finished, even if that causes starting the same app x-times,
I want to keep the overview)