Re: Organizing sawfish SVN tree, working together.

Janek Kozicki <janek_listy wp pl> writes:
> Scott Scriven said:     (by the date of Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:43:04 -0600)
>> Contrib code which isn't very mature?
>
> I would say "why not?".

Maintenance.  It might be easier if contrib code is maintained
separately, particularly if it isn't very mature.  We should only
include stuff we are willing to maintain.

> It only helps making progress.

Or it will bog us down.  Each addition needs to be considered.

> But to avoid damaging sawfish or introducing bugs - all such code
> has to be DISABLED BY DEFAULT.

If it ships with Sawfish, users expect it to work and it is a bug if
it doesn't.  Being disabled by default does not change that.
Experimental features need to be clearly marked as such if they are
included in releases.  The purpose of including them is to solicit
users to test and report bugs.  Any bugs the developers can find by
their own testing should have already been fixed.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>