Re: [sabayon] =?utf-8?q?=5BPatch_Nag=5D_Bug_346890_=E2=80=93_Please_u?= =?utf-8?q?pdate_to_latest_Pessulus_tree?=

On 1/16/07, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> wrote:
El vie, 12-01-2007 a las 16:15 +0530, Sayamindu Dasgupta escribió:

> I guess that would require a little bit of extra effort and
> coordination (merging the two trees, making changes in bugzilla,
> handling releases). And does this mean that both will be packaged
> together as well ? I guess there are situations where pessulus can be
> used as a standalone application (in fact, I used it at my University
> for doing lockdown). In such a case, people might not want Sabayon to
> come with Pessulus as well.

Oh, how did you use it as a standalone tool?

I really think the whole tool to "configure user's desktops", meaning
configuration and lockdown, should be an integrated thing.  But it would
be good to know how you use it :)

We used it in the University library Internet browsing terminals to
disable access to the commandline. It worked fine, until on one fine
day, someone discovered that she could access the commandline via
KDevelop/Anjuta :-(

-sdg-

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta